Pekepals Q & A Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pekepals Q & A Board

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FLEE CONTROL

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PickePekingese

Female
Number of posts : 25
Pekingese Names : Picke
Pekingese Experience in Years : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-14

FLEE CONTROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLEE CONTROL   FLEE CONTROL EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:52 am

I used oatmeal soap plus flea powder as a treatment for fleas. This is very effective for my dog. You may try it if you want.
Back to top Go down
Phyllis

Male
Number of posts : 17
Pekingese Names : Leo & Monet
Pekingese Experience in Years : 2yrs & 4mos
Registration date : 2008-03-27

FLEE CONTROL Empty
PostSubject: re: flea problem   FLEE CONTROL EmptyThu May 15, 2008 4:06 am

i use revolution on leo. it seems to work really well. i take him hiking in the mountains of wv and he hasn't gotten any fleas so far. i also take him up to ny state alot and the fleas are wild there. revolution has worked very well there also.
i make sure to bath him 3 days before i apply it. i also make sure i keep him dry for those three days. then i make sure he stays dry for the three days following application.

frontline has a tendency to wear off according to my vet if you take them outside alot. they said it doesn't last the full month in that case. however, i used frontline on my lab and he was outside most of the time and didn't get fleas but my indoor cat got them off our clothes.

good luck.

phyllis and leo
Back to top Go down
azpeke

Female
Number of posts : 3
Pekingese Names : Lucy Goose and Tigger
Pekingese Experience in Years : Since 1981 I think
Registration date : 2008-03-31

FLEE CONTROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLEE CONTROL   FLEE CONTROL EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 4:45 am

The one thing I've learned about flea control is that when you see a flea, youhave to take drastic measures. That means getting them off every animal and everything in their environment all at the SAME time. The best spray we've found for the yard is Diazanon. We've had good luck with Frontline for the dogs but only after bathing them in dawn dish soap to kill all the resident fleas before the Frontline is applied. The house has to be bug bombed and any good bomb that says kills fleas will work. And the cats or rabbits have to be powdered as they can spread fleas like crazy but not show any signs of having them. This is the best I can tell you. Good luck. Marge G., Texas
Back to top Go down
Phyllis

Male
Number of posts : 17
Pekingese Names : Leo & Monet
Pekingese Experience in Years : 2yrs & 4mos
Registration date : 2008-03-27

FLEE CONTROL Empty
PostSubject: Flea Problem   FLEE CONTROL EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 4:14 am

I use Revolution. It covers fleas/ticks/ mosquitos & Heartworm. I have not had any problems to this point. You might want to try it. I make sure that Leo has not been wet for 3 days prior to applying and then make sure he stays dry for atleast 3 days after application. I bath him the week before I reapply. sunny
Back to top Go down
wallacejen

Female
Number of posts : 1
Pekingese Names : Lulu
Registration date : 2008-04-01

FLEE CONTROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLEE CONTROL   FLEE CONTROL EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:40 pm

Brenda, I do a combination of things: I use Advantix, and like Frontline, you need some additional help. My vet says that it doesn't kill the fleas; instead it neuters them. I also found that in years when I religiously bathed Lulu, I had more fleas, which told me that the Frontline/Advantix was being washed off. In addition to the Advantix, I keep a box of Capstar around. Capstar is a pill that when taken causes the fleas to drop dead for 24 hours. It's okay to give it to your dog in consecutive days, but it would be expensive. The other things I do: flea shampoo, keep Lulu's coat short in summer months, and avoid high dog traffic areas, like the park, where she might pick up fleas. Doing all of this helps us MANAGE the flea problem, but it doesn't eliminate them completely.

If you get any other good tips, please share. Good luck.

Jennifer and Lulu, who's going to be 8 in August
Back to top Go down
brenda_miller

Female
Number of posts : 1
Pekingese Names : Baby, Bella & Buddy
Pekingese Experience in Years : 7 yrs
Registration date : 2008-03-31

FLEE CONTROL Empty
PostSubject: FLEE CONTROL   FLEE CONTROL EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 6:30 pm

[b]HAVING PROBLEMS WITH FLEE CONTROL, FRONTLINE PLUS DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK VERY WELL. WE SPRAY OUR YARD ALMOST EVERYWEEKEND WITH A FLEE KILLER. ANY SUGGESTIONS? iS THERE A GOOD FLEE DIP PRODUCT FOR SALE THAT WORKS?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FLEE CONTROL Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLEE CONTROL   FLEE CONTROL Empty

Back to top Go down

FLEE CONTROL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pekepals Q & A Board :: Pekingese Grooming Questions :: Grooming, Coat Maint, Bathing-
Jump to: